[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Why You Need a Subscriber List to Grow Your Business • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Why You Need a Subscriber List to Grow Your Business

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Why You Need a Subscriber List to Grow Your Business

Postby David Jackson » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:12 am

If you're a reader of mine, you've probably heard me say before that a good subscriber list is "guaranteed income." That's because it is. Whenever I mail to my list it always brings back income - ALWAYS! But you don't have to take my word for it. Read top marketing blogs like ProBlogger or OnlineMarketingBlog, and see how much value their readers place in their lists. Or ask any successful online marketer like Lynn Terry of SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com or Adam Urbanski of TheMarketingMentors.com and they will tell you the same thing. "The money is in the list!"

Let me explain why. For the most part, visitors to your website are complete strangers. They don't know you, therefore they don't trust you. They drop by, window shop a bit, and then leave after a few seconds. That's right, seconds. Don't believe me? Check your website logs. How long is the typical visitor spending on your site?

See what you're up against? That's why on average, 99% of visitors to your website leave without purchasing anything. And unless you have a system in place to collect their name and e-mail address, many of those visitors will be lost forever. That's good potential income down the drain.

There's an old saying in marketing. "It takes seven contacts with a prospect to convert them into a customer." That means a prospect has to see your marketing message at least seven times before they're comfortable enough to buy from you.

That's why your subscriber list is so important. Even if they haven't purchased anything yet, these are people who are interested in what you have to say. They are guaranteed future income.

Think about it. These people have taken the time and made the effort to subscribe to receive your newsletter, blog updates, whatever. This gives you the ability to have contact with these people over and over again. Eventually, these people will develop enough trust in you to purchase your products and services. And if you treat them right, they'll keep on purchasing from you. Heck, they might even bring their friends and family members with them.

Remember what I said earlier? 99% of visitors to your website will leave without purchasing anything. That means out of every one hundred visitors to your website, if you're lucky, you may get one sale. Conversely, your subscriber list will convert at a much higher rate. My list consistently converts at around 15%. That means for every 100 people who receive my mailing, fifteen of them buy something. And I'm not talking results I get sometimes. I get these kinds of results every time I mail to my list.

Which would you rather have, one sale per hundred visitors or fifteen sales? When you compare the numbers, building a subscriber list is really a no-brainer, isn't it?

And it's easier than its ever been to manage your list. E-mail marketing services like CostantContact.com or VerticalResponse.com will handle everything for you - and at a reasonable cost.

So, what are you waiting for? If you haven't started building your subscriber list, get started today!

David Jackson
Last edited by David Jackson on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Jackson

Postby tknoppe » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:45 am

tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby David Jackson » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:51 pm

David Jackson

Postby lisamariemary » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:07 pm

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby David Jackson » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:26 pm

David Jackson

Re: Why You Need a Subscriber List to Grow Your Business