[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Help! Information Overload • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Help! Information Overload

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Help! Information Overload

Postby chutson » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:48 pm

I have started visiting this forum pretty regular over the past few weeks. I have also started attending Lynn's webinars, on yesterday and last Tuesday. There is so much information and so much to learn.

I keep reading that as an Internet Marketer, I should pick a product, build a website and promote the product. But what does a successful or profitable affiliate website look like? Are there guidelines, examples or models that a new person could follow?

I purchased the 7 Step Fast Cash Strategy. I am writing a report, but since I have no website, I can not include links to sites I want readers to go to. Also, since I have no website, I am hesitant to become an affiliate for sites that pertain to my report topic. Will they approve me without a website?

I am really on information overload and don't know what direction to go.

Thanks a bunch.

Cynthia
chutson

Postby lisamariemary » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:52 pm

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:06 pm

It's easy to get overwhelmed when you're getting started. There's just so much of everything to take in. Lisa covered some great points for you already, so I don't want to throw too much more out there and potentially overwhelm you even more!

In the case of affiliate programs there are some that won't approve you without a website that's already online for them to look at and approve. However, there are many that don't look at that aspect and have their doors open to you with or without a website.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby chutson » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:51 am

Thanks Lisa, thanks Loretta. I appreciate your advice. And I failed to mention that of course, I have no money. Eventhough I have a regular job, those $$ are committed to other expenses, and I have a family.

With a blog, is it necessary to post daily?
chutson

Postby lisamariemary » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:45 am

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby AlexNewell » Thu May 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Blog as often or as seldom as you like - the quality is way more important than how often you post.

Also - you could use Squidoo.com instead of or as well as Blogger.

Take one thing at a time - focus on getting things done and ask when you think you are stuck.

There's loads of free resources so don't worry about spending money.

You'll do fine!

:-)

Alex
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Re: Help! Information Overload

Postby John LA » Thu May 28, 2009 6:57 am

John LA

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics