[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Gotta start sometime...Right? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Gotta start sometime...Right?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby wlben » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:25 am

wlben

Postby wlben » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:23 am

wlben

Postby wlben » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:16 pm

Been a long day here in Florance KY. But I've had a chance to look around at different things.

I found out that none of the search engines can see my site. Although when they tell me they can't find it, I click on there URL line that they have created and go directly to my site.

So I found out that I need to index my site.

Apperantly if the search engine crawls and doesn't find a site (which happens although not too commen) you must submit a sitemap to them. At least to Goggle anyway. They gave 3 different ways to generate it which I didn't really understand. So after learning a lot, I found out I didn't know anything again.

That, along with the BANS forum being gone or down or not avalible along with SSWT showing 404 pages all afternoon...

I would say it's a good thing it's Sat. night.

Keep your stick on the ice.
wlben

Postby wlben » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:41 pm

wlben

Postby Maggie » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:51 am

Maggie

Postby wlben » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:25 am

wlben

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:29 pm

Going back a couple of posts here...
If you need affiliate links, you usually have to sign up as an affiliate first. So go to the site you want to promote and look for the "sign up as an affiliate" link or page and then go through the steps to get the code so you can promote them.

If you are promoting HostGator and GoDaddy and Google (?), then I assume your BANS site is internet marketing or business related? If not, then be sure to look for related products to promote instead.

Let me know if that helps ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Update

Postby wlben » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Hey everyone:

Thought I'd send an update and let you know whats happened in the past 4 months.

I've got 5 BANS on line. All converted over to V3. Had to do a couple of them 2 or 3 times but there on line. More work has to be done on all of them but their there anyway.

I have Google analetics on all sites and have checked them on G, Yahoo and MSN.

Google sees all of them except the xxx.info site. (I found out too late that .info is a bad extention) Yahoo can see one site and M can't see them at all.

Of course all of this and Google is having some problum with sites that have adsense on them. So I pulled them off of all but one site. Well see if that helps.

I don't think that will help. I think there is some black art to all of this.

So that's it. :roll:

www.mybigchrometruck.com
www.rshades4u.com
www.buywoodcarvingtools.com
www.bestknifesite.com
www.simplysudoku.info

Don't forget, Keep your stick on the ice.
wlben

Postby KansasDragon » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:00 pm

One thing I noticed going to your listed sites. 2 of the 5 have "Your Title Goes Here" as the title of the page. You definitely want to get that changed to something descriptive of your site, and the keywords you're targeting.

What is the "black art" you're referring to? Getting traffic? Making sales?
KansasDragon

Postby wlben » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:07 pm

wlben

YYYYYYAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Postby wlben » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:14 pm

=D>

I told ya. I told ya. I never doughted it a second.

We made it.

The first mil....or what was that again???

O yes

But I did tell you that I would tell you whats going on didn't I.

Well we made our first $1.25 from a sale on ebay today.

At least that's what I think it means.

Maybe they have been reading these posts and said Lets give him a little tickle.

Well they did and we are now one of the IM gurus.

Yes dear...I know the rent is due.

If the women can't find you hansom, they should at least find you handy.

Don't forget, Keep your stick on the ice.
wlben

Postby KansasDragon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:03 pm

lol, great post.

1st earning, now it's just repeat, repeat, repeat....
KansasDragon

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:35 pm

It does take a bit of time to get indexed and established in the major search engines. One of the keys to that is getting relevant inbound links pointing to your sites.

Its also important that you make those title bars relevant ASAP because that could trip a flag to the engines as well. See this link:
http://www.clicknewz.com/634/keyword-placement/

Use http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com to choose keyword phrases to use in your page titles.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wlben » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:22 pm

wlben

GREAT MONTH AHEAD!!!

Postby wlben » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:15 pm

Hey guys:

It's started!

$0.43 already this month isn't that great?

My dog just barked at me with that "can I eat this month?" look in his eye.

Let's see. Rent last month. Dog food this month.

Next month the elect......................................................................
wlben

PreviousNext

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics