[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Newbie here • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Newbie here

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Newbie here

Postby Lady O » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:01 am

Hello Everyone,

So I quit my job last year in June. Things were going great working at home I was less stressed and my daughter loved coming home and I was here. I worked hard and enjoyed working for myself but then October came and my funds drop and I got scared. I went out and signed up for a Temp Agency which was ok because it was only a part time assignment working from 8am to 2pm. Well when that ended a month later they put me in a full time job and even though I didn't want to work full time I took it anyways. Now I am stuck and depressed and struggling trying to keep my at home afloat.

Right now I am up against a fence because it was so hard to quit my full time job but why can't I just quit this temp job?

I am a fool and I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest ..... can someone give me some therapy...:)

Lady O

p.s. I didn't go in yesterday and I am debating on today.
Lady O

Postby Marc Meole » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:55 pm

Do you make enough at home to quite you temp job. If you do then go for it.

If not, remember food and shelter are important.
Marc Meole

Postby Lady O » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:32 pm

Lady O

Postby LynnWilson » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:42 am

There is a quote that I keep close by to remind me of my dreams and how miserable I was when I was not trying so hard to achieve them!

"Wanting some other way to live, is sheer proof of DESERVING it. Having it is hard work, but not having it is.....sheer hell." Lillian Hellman

I am SO happy to be home and working really hard to just keep on being home! :D I have so much more freedom to come and go as I please and to BE ME!!

Just sharing where I am right now.

Lynn :wink:
LynnWilson

Postby Lady O » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:49 pm

Lady O

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:16 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lady O » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:59 pm

I guess I was just afraid that I couldn't really do it. But now I am not scared and I am ready to jump in with both feet.
Lady O

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:13 pm

"Making enough to survive" is a really good start, and should give you the confidence to dive in and continue building on that foundation! Congrats on making the decision to do what makes you happiest!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby palo250 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:05 pm

When things go wrong as they sometimes will.

Success is failure turned inside out.

You never can tell just how close you are.

It may be near when it seems so far.

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit.

It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
palo250

Postby leedsloiner » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:27 am

It can be difficult trying to make a living online, especially if you have negative family members and friends around you. Turn the negativity around, and make your mind up to show not only yourself but others too, that you can make a living online at home. Yes, it is hard work and not nearly as easy as the big guns would have us believe, BUT it is possible with lots of hard work.
Good luck Lady O
leedsloiner

Postby Sab » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:39 pm

Hi Jo,

I really command you for trying and don’t be too hard on yourself.
Just regroup and attack again.
Make sure you have at least 3 months of living expenses before you leave.
Tell yourself it’s temporary.

Me too I am planning to take a leap very soon

I will leave you with one of my favorite quote from Robert G. Allen

“A job should be looked upon as a temporary inconvenience, it’s a method for generating cash flow for living expenses while you are setting up your automatic pilot”

To your success,

Sab
Sab

Postby globalkiwi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:58 pm

I remember a few years ago I was in a similar situation. I had four little girls and a mortgage and I had to quit my job because my family and I were off to bible college.
I wanted to sell my house before I quit my job cos that was logical. However I was forced to resign so someone else could be appointed before I sold my house.

The point of my rambling is this. I struggled with the decision. I walked around school (I was a teacher) with my letter of resignmation in my poscke for almost 2 weeks before I had the courage to hand it in. The day I handed it in I floated out of work that day on a cloud. It was so releasing.

Sometimes we just have to make a decision and do it. Of course we need to be responsible as well. My kids are all grown up now. It happened so quick so .... DO ALL you can to make these years memorable for your daughter. You only get one shot at it and she will cherish her memories of you being there for her more than having the latest stuff.
You are doing the greatest job of all ..... MUM :!:

All the best .. Colin
globalkiwi

Postby MrCat » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:07 pm

Hello Lady O,

Just focus and know what you really want. Take some time off to think things over - weigh the PROs and CONs of every option you have.

This might help clear your thoughts a bit :)
MrCat

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics