[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Question about starting online business -- legal & taxes • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Question about starting online business -- legal & taxes

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Question about starting online business -- legal & taxes

Postby sunflowerlady » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:51 pm

Hello!

I have several ideas for websites, my goal is to have one of them -- a Christmas themed website -- go live in October. I'm still brainstorming about the others. I hope to make money off of Google Adsense and affiliates for now and maybe selling ebooks.

My question is how do I handle the legal end of starting a business? Do I need to do anything at a state or county level? Do I need a business checking account? Also -- if my goal is to start more than one website, should I think of a "group" business name for all of the websites to be listed under -- and is this okay? The websites are not all about the same things, one is about scrapbooking, another is about fundraising, another about frugal living. lol.

If there is a place I can go to get this information I'd greatly appreciate knowing that too. :D

I thank you for your time and welcome your thoughts and ideas. :D

:D Abby
sunflowerlady

Postby Jim Guinn » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:05 am

Hi Abby,

There is an IRS website that does a good job of explaining different business structures. Go to .

Another good site for this kind of information is .

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:31 pm

Have you tried looking at the secretary of state website for the state you live in? I live in California and on our website there is a bunch of information to help people start businesses.
MommyEnterprises

Postby sunflowerlady » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:37 pm

Thank you Jim & Stefani :D

I took both of your tips and visited the IRS website and also for the state that I live in. This directed me to the county website for my county to register my company and also get a Tax ID#. That appears to be all that I need to do, but I'm going to double check on that, I'm going to get an appointment with someone from Score. Thank you so much, I appreciate your thoughts!

sunflowerlady

To boost the income from your Christmas site...

Postby DBeavers » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:40 pm

DBeavers

Postby sunflowerlady » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:55 pm

Hello Dennis,

Oh thank you -- what a great idea! I appreciate your thoughts, I hadn't thought of that before! :D I'll certainly do some research on that and look into that.

Thank you very much!

sunflowerlady

Re: Question about starting online business -- legal & t

Postby kirkward » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:39 pm

kirkward
Elite Member

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics