[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Success using Mega Web Promotion…anyone? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Success using Mega Web Promotion…anyone?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Success using Mega Web Promotion…anyone?

Postby Balan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:17 pm

I was curious if anyone has tried one of the advertisement submission sites with any success.

I came across a site called Mega Web Promotions that will submit your Ad to 50,000 advertisers for a one-time fee of $29.00. They also submit your sight to thousands of search engines and directories as a bonus thing they have going on right now.

Is this something that could really generate traffic or should I put my 29 bucks into more conventional advertising?
Balan

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:54 am

I wouldnt chance it. Not only could it be a waste of money, but unless you know where your links are going... it could have an adverse affect on your Link Strategy in the long run. First, you shouldnt submit your site(s) to the search engines - its unnecessary. Quality inbound links pointing to your site is all you need to get pages indexed and ranked by the major search engines.

Second, paid links and/or link farms (or links from questionable sites) affect your sites/pages overall "reputation" with the search engines. I would spend that $29 on a good marketing guide or on pay-per-click advertising before I would spend it with an ad-blasting or submission service.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Balan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:33 pm

Thanks Lynn

Main objective was to get a small classified ad to as many ad classified sites and online shopping mall sites as possible in the least amount of time. I am not really trying to submit it to any of the search engines or directories. (Although this maybe unavoidable) Another words I am attempting to generate sales directly from the ad exposure instead of generating traffic from the search engines. Is this even possible?

The company I mentioned above had four different options. The one I was curious about is in which you could submit your ad to 50,000 classified advertisers. They claimed you could choose the type of sites you advertise with by category. I wasn’t interested in submitting to several thousand directories and search engines that they also offer as an option.

I have recently submitted a small ad to a few free advertisers to promote one of my affiliate companies that specializes in natural herb products (the results are yet to be seen) however this can be very time consuming placing small classified ads one by one. I am working on a single landing page in which these advertiser ads will link to before moving to the affiliate sales page.

Do the search engines pick up on these small little classifies ads as well? And if so will this also effect a sites reputation? I appreciate what your saying Lynn, that paid links are pretty much a no-no in regards to search engines. Maybe I should just accept the old rule of thumb here…. you get what you pay for. I mean come-on. 29 bucks!
Balan

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:08 pm

Yes, ALL links pointing to your site affect your overall Link Reputation.

But even more importantly... how many people do you think visit and read these classifieds sites. Granted there are a few gems on the 'net, such as CraigsList.org - but in general, the majority of cluttered classifieds are not something most web browsers are reading.

Ask yourself this: If you were looking to purchase your product, where would you start?

By the way, do they give you a list of the classified sites where your link will be placed? If so, paste 5 or 10 of those links in here and I'd be happy to take a look at them for you.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics