[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Health Insurance for Self-Employed? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Health Insurance for Self-Employed?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Health Insurance for Self-Employed?

Postby pschlegel » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:12 pm

pschlegel

Postby WAHumor » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:29 am

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:31 am

WAHumor
Elite Member

Awesome - thanks Dan! Here's the "P"

Postby pschlegel » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:44 pm

pschlegel

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:07 pm

Hello,

If your located in the Midwest, Blue Cross Blue Shield offers insurance for the self employed which is fairly economical.

Good luck!
Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

NASE

Postby LynnWilson » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:21 pm

We used NASE for a long time and really benefitted from it.

Lynn :D
LynnWilson

Postby quality4nate » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:29 pm

Hi! I use BC/BS for my son-had to go to this when health insurance cost skyrocketed. They offer good plans for children. I myself am a Type 1 diabetic and WAH. I keep my husband working in the field because no-one will cover any pre-existing through private insurance. As a good option the Ameriplans and others offer discounted rates on doc's, hospitals and scripts. As long as you are fairly healthy and your wife doesn't want to be covered for pregnancy (at least not tomorrow-haha) the discounted plans are pretty decent as the monthly cost is fairly low!
Good Luck in your search and good health!
Michele
quality4nate

Lotsa options

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:00 am

ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby TotalLifeSuccess.com » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:19 pm

TotalLifeSuccess.com

Great topic!

Postby JasonARZ » Tue May 24, 2005 11:34 am

Hi! This is a great topic for all us work at home people! I use the Mega Life and Health but also another work at home friend of mine turned me on to Ameriplan that I supplement the Mega Life with.

www.megainsurance.com

www.MyBenefitsPlus.com/40239564
JasonARZ

Thoughts on health insurance

Postby HowardH » Tue May 24, 2005 2:22 pm

Disclaimer: I am a Texas-licensed insurance agent.

There are some things folks should know about health insurance. First, the principal rule for avoiding getting screwed by an insurance company, namely, NEVER insure anything you can predict. Period. The insurance company is better at prediction than you are, anyway. Getting coverage for office visits and prescriptions is like car insurance that covers oil changes and wiper blades; it might be convenient, but you are going to pay way too much for it.

Next, I personally don't care much for so-called 'indemnity' policies. They have their place, but their place is NOT as your main health insurance. If your only coverage is an indemnity policy, and you have a major illness or major accident, you are very likely to be financially ruined. For an explanation of how this works, see my short essay on that subject at http://www.hlhins.com/health-insurance- ... tions.html (item 3).

For the best deal in health insurance, get a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) coupled with a Health Savings Account (HSA). The HSA is the best deal available to an ordinary (non-politician and non-wealthy) person. It's a hard thing to sell, though, because of the way the insurance industry has pitched health insurance (IMNSHO, mostly disinformation) for the last several decades.

Also, beware of non-insurance plans. They can be useful and even cost-effective, but they can also be deceptive -- and you won't know about that until you have occasion to use it. Plus, you can often use the same sort of tactics used by the non-insurance plans to get similar discounts on medical care without paying $20-80/month for these plans. Ask your primary care physician about "cash in advance" discounts -- you are likely to be very surprised.
HowardH

Postby dio_mack » Fri May 12, 2006 4:37 am

I think this thread is very helpful because of exchanging points of view,
I recently checked out some free quotes at they have a couple of known companies here and found out good benefits from there service.. Maybe it can help some of you who needs affordable insurance..

Hope this helps...
good Luck!
dio_mack

I am no longer in the insurance biz

Postby HowardH » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:59 pm

HowardH

Insurance

Postby Lindatindill » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:13 am

It's sad to think so many people are without health insurance. I have many friends that are looking for health insurance and are in the high risk bracket or they have families and can't find affordable insurance.
Everyone wants to have the peace of mind of having their family covered with health insurance. They just can't find what they can afford.
I know there are answers out there, you just have to find them.
There are affordable ways. If interested pm me.
Linda
Lindatindill

Postby WAHumor » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:17 am

As with anything that costs you money, always check stuff out well and ask for references of current clients.

Some are reputable with a long track record and some may be iffy, but ultimately you're the one paying the money!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Next

Return to Home Office Talk