[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - So organized that I hardly recognize myself! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

So organized that I hardly recognize myself!

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

So organized that I hardly recognize myself!

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:23 pm

I was away on vacation for most of August, and came home to PILES of mail and MILLIONS of things that really needed my attention. My desk was piled so high that the bottom of the computer screen was blocked from view. After 2 weeks of methodically going through everything, here is what I did to prevent a messy desk:

I went to Joanne's, and I bought 3 sheets of craft paper with beautiful photographs of seashells (50 cents each) and a thick clear plastic desk-protector at Staples (for $26, which is more than I would ever want to spend on a piece of plastic, but if it does this job, it's well worth it) and I covered the pretty papers with the desk protector. Now, the pretty surface is an incentive to keep it neat. I just took a picture because this may not make so much sense in writing- -and ALL papers must go in the standing thing on the right. (The hot pink box is reserved for checks that come in the mail!) I anticipate that this will help me find things faster and work more effectively without the 'baggage' of piles constantly in front of my eyes.

Ok, now back to my efficient work:)
Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby onlineleben » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:50 am

onlineleben

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:26 am

Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:50 pm

karynsolo

Postby tknoppe » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:09 am

Great job on your office!!

I'm looking around my multi-purpose office (it's also my sewing room & holds our homeschool supplies) and see some decluttering and organizing is much needed. I get busy and it seems to creep up on me and before I know it, filing is out of hand and 'stuff' starts getting piled instead of filed. I know better. :oops: Time to get to work on that.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:37 pm

I find that the only thing that really works for me is to be sure to take 5 - 10 minutes per day, either at the beginning or end of the day to clear my desk area.

I have a file holder too, I keep my important project files in it and my next day files in it. And my to file folder of course, that's the fat one :0)
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:35 pm

Want to come help me organize? J/K, great job!
MommyEnterprises

Postby KevinCald » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Howdy

When the pile on the desk starts falling over, then it is time to get organized. Well maybe organized is not the right word to use, when what I really do is move the pile to another location :(

Kevin
KevinCald

Postby KevinCald » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:44 pm

Howdy

When the pile on the desk starts falling over, then it is time to get organized. Well maybe organized is not the right word to use, when what I really do is move the pile to another location :(

Kevin
KevinCald

Postby CorpRebel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:04 pm

Nice idea Ellen.

"Uncluttered" (around my workspace, that is) isn't in my vocabulary for some reason. I'm afraid that if I move too much around I'll not know where everything is. :P

Whatever happened to the "paperless society" concept anyway? Image

8)
CorpRebel

Return to Home Office Talk