[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Help! - how to do Internet Marketing when you have NO TIME?? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Help! - how to do Internet Marketing when you have NO TIME??

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Help! - how to do Internet Marketing when you have NO TIME??

Postby BizCardGuru » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:41 pm

If something happened to you that substantially reduced the amount of time you had to spend on an Internet business - which has happened to me - what would you do? What would you cut out, what would you do differently? What strategies or tips or techniques really help you save time?

Tks for any advice! Hubby is now on disability & Dad in the hospital... don't want to give up my online businesses but I need to figure out how to do it in less time!

Diana
Top-rated business card printer - get 15% off w/code DEAL15
http://www.BizCardGuru.com
BizCardGuru

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:46 pm

I would recommend outsourcing.

Take a look at what it takes to manage your business on a regular basis, and first streamline that process as much as possible. Next set it up so that you can easily delegate tasks. Then locate people to do those tasks when needed, or use a Virtual Assistant to handle that for you.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Michael b » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:47 am

BizcardGuru,

I can feel your pain right now. My time was very limited over the summer and actually recently my wife and I had a baby. Amoung some other family illnesses and such I've been extremely busy. I have learned to spend what I call focus time.

I write of list of goals I want to accomplish for the next day & just get it done.

You have to stay positive & don't be to hard on yourself, every gain in your business is positive.

One Thing over the summer I have been working on is a way to generate more traffic easily- and that helps my business enormously , actually I now have a free course online I am letting people join its all done by email & the ideas in it are all targeted to help you build traffic / make more $$ & save time something we all need.

If you are interested the link is

http://www.web-site-traffic-promotion.c ... affic.html

Just make sure to stay positive, stay focused & you will accomplish your goals and dreams.
Michael b

Postby annalaurabrown » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:45 pm

I have the same problem as I went from having quite a bit of time to working 50 hrs a week so now I have to prioritize more and work on those things which make me the most contacts and the most money in the long term.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:53 pm

Its tough. Things have been hectic around here lately too - so I can relate. I've had to outsource more and more lately, and that does help a lot. I miss the long weekends and late nights though ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby quantikev » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:07 am

I think creating a plan which details exactly what you need to do, prioritizing it in descending order of importance, and focusing only on that one task while you're working may allow you to accomplish at least as much as if you had more time.

Kevin
quantikev

Postby Getagrip » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:26 pm

I think you just try to "make time" for it - maybe an hour a day or only on the weekends.
Getagrip

Postby aureliustjin » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:06 am

aureliustjin

Postby Truffles_R_Us » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:00 am

A difficult one, but I think you first need to make a 'Priority List' write down everything that you have been doing, what has been successful and what have you been doing that may not be directly helping the Business further and concentrate (when you have the time of course) all your efforts only on the things that have definitely been successful for you, I think if we all took a step back and were honest with ourselves we would see how much time we are actually 'wasting' when we end up blurred by another new venture or idea... Concentrate the little time you have on those things that ARE & HAVE worked for you...
Truffles_R_Us

Postby MrCat » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:29 pm

Best is to opt for paid advertisements thru PPC, targeted links, banners, etc. You can also outsource on promoting your site - either thru hiring a company or a freelancer ;)
MrCat

Postby James Schramko » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:32 am

Decide what you need to achieve and put the blinkers on.

Unsubscribe from all the lists that do not match.

do it.

get up early

stay up late.

etc....
James Schramko

Postby queenofkaos » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:04 pm

As has been mentioned, it is important to cut out anything that isn't getting your the most results and that will disturb your focus.

Also, if you can put what ever possible on autopilot so that you can jump right in without having to think or plan first.

You can do this by creating a checklist. I like to do mine in excel.

Put everything on it that you must do and are your top 80/20 activities, this would include time to manage your outsourcing tasks. Put a time limit beside it and use a timer to remind you when your time is up.

Use project blocks of time and put them on the list under project (#1, #2 etc) and use that time to focus only on the project you need to be working on.

You don't have to do everything on the list every day, you can even code it if that helps (I use something like this for my housework and use an e beside things I do every other day, or you can put M,W,F for Mon, Wed, Fri for example)

Get a bin or deep basket for each project and label it. Put everything in it that you need and put anything in it that you will need the next time you work on it. Pull any files etc that you need the next day the night before.

This helps procrastination a lot. I find when I have things out and ready in the morning, I am not as tempted to browse and veg until I fully wake up :0)

This concept is what I call doing my BOOST circuit, I have found it useful for almost any area of my life.

I wrote more details about making it work here
http://queenofkaos.com/home/home-organi ... y-routine/

and an article on organizing online business systems
http://queenofkaos.com/WAHMblog/179/onl ... -creation/
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:11 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby miriampotter » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:48 am

Hello

I am reduced with time, not due to busyness, but disability, I have found co-ops to be great.

TE Blaster, advertises on the top 10 manual exchanges on the net.

http://www.teblaster.com/splashpage.php?rid=340

Spin Success, advertises my products on the search engines.

http://www.spinsuccess.com/affiliates/id/3966_1

That reduces your marketing time, and leaves you to do other, things instead.
miriampotter

Postby Kalonne » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:15 pm

Kalonne

Next

Return to Home Office Talk