[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Where to start • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Where to start

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Where to start

Postby Golfer » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:00 pm

Hope this is the right forum for this, but I have a huge interest in building some niche Web sites for Affiliate Income purposes and am curious how to get started. With all the "Guru" material out there, hard to tell where to start or who to trust.

Thoughts on Site Build It? Should I buy and begin with this and perhaps use Rosalind Gardner's book as well?

What about the Secret Money Generator program that builds a lot of pages for you using data feeds from the source? Seems like this would be a time-saver and still allow you the ability to build/insert your own material?

Any advise would be appreciated ... thanks. :?:
Golfer

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:14 am

Hello Golfer - Welcome to SSWT!

SBI is a good all-in-one option for someone just starting out, with no prior experience. Ken Evoy offers the free - so you may want to read this before you decide.

Rosalinds is also a good read, and offers all of the resources you would need for a do-it-yourself site, start to finish.

Of course, you can find all of the information on your own, too - and invest in specialized guides or programs as needed. For example, you can get a domain name at for 8.95, and inexpensive web hosting at http://www.clicknewz.com/hostgator.htm . You may need a website template or you might design your own... and then you're good to go!

As for SMG - I've looked into it, and honestly... it's as much work as doing it on your own. Also, there's another program out there about half the price - I'll have to find that link and get back to you with it. It is a little bit technical. Requires installation on the web server, some basic configuration... and then all of the pages generated will need to be checked and hand-edited (IMO).

It's not a bad option, and does include templates - but if you can manage to create a template and locate a feed on your own... you can do just about the same thing yourself. You may not be able to generate pages as quickly, but by the time you edit all of those - - you could have created them the way you wanted them as you went. Again, just my thoughts on that.
Last edited by Lynn Terry on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby Golfer » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:12 pm

So much stuff to wade through on the Net, so I appreciate the honest feedback.
Golfer

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:20 pm

I know what you mean. I've waded through most of it, though :lol: - so dont hesitate to ask questions or post requests for reviews or experiences!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:49 am

Ken Evoy's Affiliate Masters Course is a very helpful ebook. Before reading this ebook I wasn't making any money from my affiliate website. I had spent months designing it and writing articles for it. I was really disappointed about ever making money online. :( I didn't know what was wrong.

Then one day I found his ebook on a website and read it. He explained what PREselling is and why it's the key to affiliate marketing success.

I was just starting to understand what the problem was. After a while, he wrote a complete ebook about PREselling - Make Your Content PREsell!

I ordered it right away and read it from cover to cover. It was the time I realized everything. I created a new website and used Ken's techniques.

Now after only three months, I attract thousands of targeted visitors to my website and earn a nice income from it. I also receive many emails from my visitors saying how much they've found the articles helpful and that they've bookmarked my site! :)

Honestly, I can say I owe a BIG part of my success to Ken for showing me what PREselling is. That's why I've written an about Make Your Content PREsell to share with other affiliate marketers how this awesome ebook has helped me and why it will help them too!

Wish you all the best! :)
Ladan Lashkari

Affiliate Program 101

Postby ebizpro » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:29 am

Hi,

You can't go wrong with Ken Evoy, any of his products for that matter.
SBI is for newbies and it will walk you step by step.

Ros Gardner's book is definetely worthy of your money and time. What
everyone should do is follow those that have made big money selling
affiliate products and just copy them...no need to re-invent the wheel.

Always offer your affiliates more than the next guy, either in commissions,
products, tutorials, or whatever. Create contests to keep them pumped up
and help as many make at least one sale...it's amazing how motivating
that one sale is to someone who has never made a cent online!

Hope that helps a little and best of luck!
ebizpro

Re: Affiliate Program 101

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:04 am

Ladan Lashkari

Re: Affiliate Program 101

Postby ebizpro » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:42 am

ebizpro

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:34 am

Ladan Lashkari

Jeremy Palmer

Postby NitaB » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:23 pm

What about Jeremy Palmer???

If you had to pick between Jeremy's & Rosalind's approach which would you choose.

I am thinking about becoming involved with Affiliate Marketing. I have read so much info that my head is swirling.
NitaB

Re: Jeremy Palmer

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:25 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing