[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - individual affiliate programs... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

individual affiliate programs...

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

individual affiliate programs...

Postby CalamityJane » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:26 pm

CalamityJane
Elite Member

Postby lindastacy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:17 pm

lindastacy

There are lots of programs!

Postby PickyBoot » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:42 am

PickyBoot

Postby CalamityJane » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:55 pm

Thank you both for your replies. I appreciate it!
CalamityJane
Elite Member

Postby HappyWife » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:15 am

Hi Calamity Jane,

I am an affiliate with a number of different companies. Some are part of affiliate networks and others are independent programs.

There are pros and cons to both, I suppose. There is usually a payment threshold that you have to reach before payout. It's easier to reach that threshold when you have a number of different programs working together toward that like in Commission Junction or Shareasale, etc.

On the other hand, some of the things you really want to promote are not part of those networks and run their own independent program. It may take you longer to build up to a payout.

I have a chocolate mold company that I recommend for my chocolate site. They have their own program so I have to generate $50 in commissions before payout. At first, when I was just starting, it took me several months to finally earn a check. But, if you stick it out, it really won't matter much. Now I usually get at least 1 check per month from them.

I have several affiliate programs like that. Choose what is relevant to you and your niche and don't worry too much about whether they are independent or part of a network. Just be prepared to be patient if necessary. :)

Blessings,
Angie

P.S. You asked your question perfectly and clearly. ;)
HappyWife

Return to Affiliate Marketing