[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Jeremy Palmer's Free Affiliate Guides - Gone! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Jeremy Palmer's Free Affiliate Guides - Gone!

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:40 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby LoriBoyko » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:53 am

LoriBoyko
Elite Member

Postby captain » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:24 am

Hi Lynn and everyone,

First of all happy new year, and all the best to all!

Second, sorry Lynn that I haven't renewed my subscription to your paid forum, but I've been in and out of hospital, dealing with a heavy second year in Uni, and of course developing new ideas.

Thirdly, and this isn't going to go down well, but I’m gonna have my say. Over the years, I've bought a few internet marketing course (as you do) but for the most part they've been less than inspiring. I am aware of Jeremy Palmer's story, but I haven't gotten around to downloading any stuff from him.

What I want to say is that I now have a big problem for paying for info. The internet is an information super highway (excuse the cliché) and I’ve yet to find any info or views in paid marketing that I haven't found for free eslewhere. That might be a bit narrow minded, but it's true.

My second fundamental issue is paying for nothing more than links to products for which the marketer will receive commission for anyway. For me, paying for marketing information in that way is like McDonalds charging me at the door to get in. If KFC or Wendy's charged $47 to get into the restaurant, for which you had to pay $4.99 for a meal deal, then would you bother? For me the whole 'paying' for an eBook just doesn't work.

It’s like those big networking companies Amway, forever living products etc. Amway charged me £70 (a while ago) so that I could sell their products???!! Eh, what? So you're not going to pay me to sell your products, you're going to charge me. Uh, i don't think so!

Yes, I admit that there could be a different or new view point, but strip that away and all you have is a book full of up sell opportunities. To make money from them is one thing, to charge someone $97, who will then probably buY one of the products your promoting is clever, if people fall for it!

So when is it acceptable? One of the best paid resources I’ve found comes from Derek Gehl and the team, who now offer not only an eBook download, but books, cd-roms, etc etc. for the price to can feel, and see what you pay for. mind you it does cost!

Your paid forum: hands up, I’ve got around to downloading some of the resources on offer, but I have to say, yours is the only resource I pay for. Why? Because your review of my blog actually worked. Within a week I was an increase in traffic, and now things are moving on nicely. A kind word (or in this case a review) goes a long way.

Maybe I’m being too hard, or being a bit naive. I don't think I’m the cleverest person on the net, but I’m not stupid either Lynn!

I was offended when I paid $149 for a very big internet marketer's info product and it had a few resources where it was stated that 'the marketer had worked out a special deal, and if I used a particular code, that I would get this resource at a reduced cost.' unfortunately for this popular internet marketer, I was fully aware of the particular resources he was punting, and I was also aware that his promises of 'working out a special price deal' for those who had bought his eBook, was in fact no such thing. The codes where readily available to everyone! Or in other words, he was trying to con me!

Now I emailed this so called marketer 3 times, who (low and behold) never replied to me. I've never exposed his name, but it opened my eyes Lynn. Now this guy is up there with (the late) Corey Rudl, Marlon Saunders, Ken Evoy etc. This big wig ripped me off, and I simply didn't appreciate that.

The last point is that Jeremy Palmer is not the only success on the net. He maybe one of those who is capitalising on his success, but he's not the only success model to follow. it is a shame when you have a good resource which then turns into a very costly paid resource though.

Always open to a diiferent POV!
captain
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:40 pm

captain, you're not trying to put Ken Evoy in with the "con" you're speaking of, are you? I think you were just saying that the person you were speaking of was a big name, but just wanted to make sure I understood.

Ken has been fundamental in my own success and one of the most stand-up guys I know.

Regards,

Tony Thomas
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby captain » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:55 am

captain
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Affiliate Marketing