[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Amazon... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Amazon...

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Amazon...

Postby hilie_e » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:59 pm

I'm really starting to wonder about Amazon. I have a good number of visitors to my website each month and a good amount of click throughs to books ... but few, if any, sales. When I think about how I buy online, if I see something linked to amazon on a site, I'm more likely just to go to Amazon later and buy it. Is this a problem other people are having, or is it just my paranoia setting in? lol

Thanks for the opinions-
Hilary
hilie_e

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:29 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby onlineleben » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:35 am

onlineleben

Postby hilie_e » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:03 am

Thanks for your experiences/opinions. My conversion rate right now is about .04% lol but there are tons of clicks. I think a lot of it has to do with the time of day/month I publish my newsletter. It's mainly for teachers, and they are usually at work when they read it. I am going to try a different affiliate site though - changing publishing time really isn't an option because it tends to bring overall readership down.

Thanks again-
Hilary
hilie_e

Postby onlineleben » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:26 am

Regarding publishing time:
You also should consider the day of the week.
I don't mail anything on mondays, fridays, weekends.
On mondays they still have to clean-up their inbox from weekend spam
fridays the are in weekend mood and leave early, mail is unread in gets lost in spam send over the weekend
onlineleben

Postby karadawn » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:15 pm

Last I checked my conversion rate with Amazon was about 2.5% or somewhere around there. What kind of linking methods are you using? I've always found the quick click buying link was the best converting, but I know they don't offer that anymore. If you search the associate message boards you'll find the script that you can still use for new products you add to your website.

Amazon always has been one of my best merchants, but I guess that's just me ;)
karadawn

Postby Sandra » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:57 pm

Also consider offering links to several similar retailers. For example, when I post a review for a book, I post an image and beneath it put "Buy at" (or also available at) Amazon.com, Buy.com, Overstock.com. each linking to the item on the various sites (with my affiliate link).

This gives people the option of buying from their favorite retailer, plus buy.com and overstock are generally less expensive than amazon. Also, at overstock, you get paid no matter what they buy. So if they buy the toothbrush instead of the book, you still get a commission! (Overstock and buy.com are through linkshare.)

Sandra
Sandra
Elite Member

Postby karadawn » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:09 pm

karadawn

Postby hilie_e » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:44 pm

hilie_e

Return to Affiliate Marketing