Are you striving to be a savvy online networker? Would you like to make more money with your online business? Here are 7 tips to help you become a savvy online networker.
1. Always be learning and exploring new web technologies. The internet changes frequently and so does the way that most people do business online. Be current and up to date with new social networking sites and web 2.0
2. Focus on being yourself. Brand you online. Buy yourname.com if it is available and if not buy the version with your middle name or your maiden name or with an initial but make sure you get a .com with your name in it.
3. Take the time to build relationships and to offer value to others in 3-4 social networking sites or forums. You cannot be everywhere so do not try. Never ever spam. Offer value first and others will appreciate you, view you as a leader and be attracted to you.
4. Begin developing a list. Start writing a newsletter or offer a free ecourse and offer amazing value so that more people will want to join your list. Focus on keeping the attention of your subscribers and on always giving them what they want so that they will read your emails and take action.
5. Avoid focusing on only one online marketing method. Use a combination of methods and strategies.
6. Do not do anything online that you would not do offline. Always be honest, have integrity and make others like you and want to do business with you.
7. Take the time and invest the money it takes to be successful, but do not go overboard.
You can very easily spend too much time and too much money. A good rule of thumb for most people is 2-3 hours a day and up to $100 a month for hosting, blogging software, and autoresponders depending upon the size of your list and upon the strategies you choose.