[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Are Your Goals Realistic? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Are Your Goals Realistic?

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Postby Ellen » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:05 pm

Although this was posted over a year ago, it's just as relevant today as it will be in future years to come. Thanks for sharing the report, Lynn.

Oh, btw, I'm seriously considering xsitepro as a way to help me get my web work done faster and more efficiently. If I do buy, now I know exactly where to locate the link to get it through too! :wink:
Ellen

Postby kenmac » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:03 am

kenmac

Postby Ellen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:04 am

Ellen

Postby alita » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:40 am

hey all!!1
its 2008 now and yea my goals are pretty much realistic. Everybody has a right to dream and the form strategies to actualize their dreams into realities. Everybody then set goals to actualize their dreams and these golas should be realistic ahich can be achieved easily but they should be challenging because then you will be motivated to work hard and reach a level you have always dreamt of
alita

goals

Postby auntiej » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:28 pm

I have always wondered how to set my goals. I have so many things i want to achieve but really dont know how to organize. Any suggestions?
auntiej

Postby queenofkaos » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Generally when I set goals I like to keep them simple, focus on one or two at a time, or possibly one in each area which for me is business, family and me (health/fitness etc)

I also have a few that are maintenance type goals that run in the background.

Doing a brain dump first and then choosing the ones that you can realistically do, and putting the others next down the line works well. This helps to keep our minds clear without the nagging feeling that we should be doing something else first.

Sometimes I put all of my efforts into one area for a time period (or most of them) and rotate through, depending on what is going on at the time. As long as I slightly maintain them all and don't let too much time pass I find that each time I pick up where I left off, I'm that much farther ahead to start with and I get a 'second wind' to continue. (not to be confused with procrastinating, giving up or getting sidetracked, it has to be a conscious decision with measures in place to keep the ball rolling)

The most important thing seems to be to give myself time limits and to review often. This really helps to keep me on track and from forgetting all about them and flitting here and there without finishing.

I've been doing a goal achievement program put out by Dax Moy called the Magic 100. It is VERY good and also simple to use which works for me. I haven't been so pumped to accomplish things for years, I have things on there that I either hadn't even thought of or had given up on.

So far it's been working well although I was sick with the flu for most of June so it's put a damper on things, but now I'm raring to go again (as well as can be expected during summer holidays :0)

I also did a blog post on goal setting that mentions the Magic 100 (Dax is slated to be on Oprah!) -

The Power to Accomplish Any Goal -
http://queenofkaos.com/WAHMblog/316/goal-setting-system/
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby Wellsworth » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:45 am

I've found I have to break up my goals into mini-goals, byte size you might say. If I start choking on one, cut it into smaller pieces so it slides down easier. If they're not attainable, or would take too long before I can high-five myself for reaching something soon, then I gave myself an unreasonable goal.

Sometimes I have to make my goal, to get a goal. If I am slack in reaching, or not motivated enough, then its like being in a canoe, and not paddling, its easy to start flowing with all the driftwood that isn't successful, but only drifting with what ever life hands them. Pick up the paddle, and make your own path, who said success was going to be handed to us.

Write your goals down, give a copy to a friend that will hold you accountable. Its too easy to fall back if there's no expectation. If you know you're being watched, you won't slack off as if you would knowing that you're feet are being held to the fire.

Also having them written down helps remind you if you're on track. With no roadmap, you don't know if you're even in the right direction for success.
Wellsworth

Keep your head in the Clouds, and your feet on the Ground

Postby createyourdream » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:35 am

Most of my goals are unrealistic. :oops:

The best tool I use is the Backwards Planner, though. As I visualize the end result, then what I did just before that, back to the current minute, a clearer path emerges. The goals I set out to do today will build a foundation to do the things that lead to the "unrealistic" vision I have of my life one day.

What is most important to me is to be present right now and enjoy whatever the process is right now, even if a bit challenging. Challenge is good, realistic is good, work is good, refinement of goals is good. I don't HAVE to do it this way, I GET to. :wink:

Best for now,
Mary
createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby tam2005 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Yes, I would say my goals are realistic. I make small step-by-step goals for myself. I try and stick with a realistic schedule as well from day to day. :)
tam2005

Postby lisaw » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:53 am

I really stink at setting goals - I take things as they come at me, usually, and that's no way to get anywhere fast.

My number one goal is...well, to set some goals ;)
lisaw
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement