[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Using the Time Change to Get More Time • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Using the Time Change to Get More Time

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Using the Time Change to Get More Time

Postby queenofkaos » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:01 pm

I like to squeeze as much out of the mornings as I can, so that means getting up as early as possible. Unfortunately, about this time of year I find myself having a harder and harder time hauling my rear end out of bed.

I always like to experiment during the time change so I kept my clocks as they were but the kids go with the new time.

This means that I get an extra hour to myself in the morning before the kids get up which stretches on so that they are home an hour later from school according to my clock.

Of course, the actual time they spend getting ready for school and at school is the same, but with the staggered time, it seems like I have more work time.

It has to come out somewhere, and that somewhere is bedtime.

As I am typing this, my laptop says 7:46 but the clock in my bedroom says 8:46, I will be hitting the sack earlier than everyone else.

Since everyone is usually scattered to their own rooms around this time of night or a little later, I'm not missing much in line of family time although I do have to watch that I fit my evening routine in.

It basically means less time in front of the tv with my laptop, a habit I recently have gotten into since I hooked it up to our wireless connection.

(which I love btw, I can get a lot of piddly type things done that don't require as much focus or concentration, so now I have more time for that during the day when the house is empty.)

Just wanted to put that out there. Whether or not you can try it and make it work for you will depend on your family situation and when you like to get up in the morning.

But it might be something fun to try.

Just don't forget to adjust for appointments, work and everyone else in the world!
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:29 pm

And it's easier if your daughter doesn't call for an unexpected ride home just when you are going to bed!
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby lisaw » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:52 am

I love getting up early - when I sleep late I feel like I've wasted half my day. It's hard, though - the first few weeks of creating the routine are tough - after about 2 weeks I'm in the groove.

Right now I get up at 6am - but I'm working toward 5am. I used to get up at 5 religiously and go to the gym - gotta get back in that routine :)
lisaw
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:01 pm

I do too!

On my ideal morning I get up at 5:30 'my time', now it's really 4:30 so that really gives me a jump in the morning.

It works well because before I was having a hard time getting everything that I wanted to do finished before I had to help my daughter get ready for school.

When that happened I sometimes didn't finish it after or it just took longer than I liked.

So I'm really liking the time change and using it to my advantage, the trick is to discipline myself to go to bed early enough. I really need my sleep or I get grumpy, I remember being that way even as a little kid.

I nap too btw, I don't set an alarm but it's almost always a deep, deep sleep for 20 minutes or under.

Then I'm totally refreshed for the rest of the day.
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby KevinCald » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:30 pm

KevinCald

Postby KevinCald » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:32 pm

KevinCald

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement