[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Start the Day Empowered - A New Beginning • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Start the Day Empowered - A New Beginning

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Start the Day Empowered - A New Beginning

Postby queenofkaos » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:32 pm

I've been starting the day with a routine that is really changing my outlook throughout the whole day.

I am less stressed and more positive.

The key area as it relates to goal setting is that the very first thing I do is read for 30 - 45 minutes.

I don't just read to read, I have a clipboard that I take notes on and also a highlighter to mark the parts I want to remember.

I'm starting with Anthony Robbins - Awaken the Giant Within, an oldie but goodie.

I've had it for years, read some off and on and it's still as good as it ever was.

The idea is to start the day with an empowering book, the act of settling in a chair with your morning coffee or tea, AND a glass of water (if you can do just the water, all the better) is part of the benefit, it relaxes and helps to set the tone for the day.

Have at least one take away to focus on through out the day. For example, I am working on becoming more aware of my frame of reference, one of the root areas that help us - or hinder us.

It can be the same more than one day in a row, this will help you 'get it' if need be.

And review your notes often, these are the gold that you will be mining.

It's best to get up before everyone else to do this (that probably goes without saying :0)

I started this as part of my morning routine as suggested by Ethen Pagan in his Wake Up Productive program.

I am absolutely loving it so far. He talks a lot about the psychology of achievement.
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby Al Smith » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:49 pm

Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:23 pm

Thanks Al, I find that if I don't follow my morning routine, the whole day feels more scattered. It really is a powerful way to start the day.

Tony Robbins is amazing, I see so much of him in much of the personal development material that is out today.

Today I was reading about Kaizen in his book and blogged about it.

An excellent take away for the day.

Can't wait to see what's up tomorrow!
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement