[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Presenter Needs Advice • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Presenter Needs Advice

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Presenter Needs Advice

Postby ConnieFoggles » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:00 pm

ConnieFoggles
Elite Member

Postby Al Smith » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:41 pm

Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:20 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby ConnieFoggles » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:30 pm

Thanks Al. I'll look into some public speaking sites. I like the idea of channeling my nerves into excitement. I do love blogging and know that I can get that across to my audience!

Robert, imagining them in their underwear is an old trick but a good one!

I did forget to mention because I thought you'd be able to read my mind, that my presentation will be online (on Blog Talk Radio). Here's the link for . Maybe you'd be interested in offering a donation like an ebook or free consultation or help to spread the word about it.

Connie
ConnieFoggles
Elite Member

How to get rid of filler words and tics

Postby Rasby » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:00 pm

Rasby
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:40 am

I have been interviewed numerous times and have even gotten invited to speak in places. I think of everyone as a friend, you speak openly and freely with a friend and you are more relaxed when speaking to friends.

Have a conversation with your friends instead of speaking at them.

I love Radio because people do not look me in the face, and it is easier to just kick back and speak with more ease.
karynsolo

Postby ConnieFoggles » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Thank you Rasby so much! I will start practicing the breathing now. I'll make a conscious effort to recognize when I'm saying "um" etc.

And karynsolo, yes being on radio is so much easier to me. I doubt I could do the speaking if it was live.

I'm ready for this & going to take the bull by the horns!

Connie
ConnieFoggles
Elite Member

good luck and fellow traveler

Postby Rasby » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:25 am

Connie,

I noticed from your websites that you have a chronic illness. My husband has chronic fatigue syndrome coupled with about a dozen other immune depressing diseases such as fibromyalgia, IBS, etc. So even though I personally do not know what it is like, I certain witness it daily. I applaud your gumption for giving this your all despite the daily problems of an illness.

Go get em' with your presentation.
Rasby
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:21 am

Connie good luck with your presentation, you will do just fine. If it makes you feel any better I too have taken on a new challenge, its called 44 yr old woman going back to school, now that is one scary proposition.
karynsolo

Postby ConnieFoggles » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:47 pm

You'll do fine! Adult students do well because we want to achieve and be sure to do the correct things.

Keep us posted on how you're doing. Check out the resources for returning adult students too. And enjoy yourself! You're fortunate to be able to continue learning :)
ConnieFoggles
Elite Member

Postby emarketer » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:12 am

emarketer
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:03 pm

TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby ConnieFoggles » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:05 pm

I wanted to thank everyone for their advice. I did it! I got callers after my talk and got compliments from them. I also got props from people listening on Blog Talk Radio too.

If anyone is interested in listening to my presentation, I've posted it on one of my blogs. The link for it is .

I feel so good that's it all done & now I'm ready to do more!

Connie
ConnieFoggles
Elite Member

Postby alexc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:38 pm

SO I have had more than my fair share of experieces giving lae presentations and speaches so I have quite a few tips for you.

1) Write down every single word of your speach. Do not wing it if you are nervous. Do not just speak fromthe heart and do not just attempt to memorize it. Have it all on note cards and have those cards with you. If you are nervous, every other method of speaking will fail you until you become more comfortable in front of a crowd.

2) Practice your speach often. Several times a day if possible

3) Record yourself on video giving the speach. Watch the video and see where you can improve.

4) Get a test audience to listen to your speach. This way you get both a crowd to speak to, and a chance for feedback before the real deal.

5) There are two types of nervous speach, those who talk too quickly or those who talk too slowly when nervous. You need to figure out which you are and adjust the timing of your speach.

And as it looks like I found this thread too late, good job on your success, it only gets easier from here.
alexc

Postby TorontoCarol » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi Connie, just listened to the broadcast. You gave lots of good information and some helpful websites. As someone who also suffers from fibro fog, I appreciated them.

I too believe that blogging is great for those who are not as mobile and may be less able to hold a traditional job. Your passion shines through your speaking.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Next

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement