[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I am a newbie who would like the benefit of your experience • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I am a newbie who would like the benefit of your experience

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

I am a newbie who would like the benefit of your experience

Postby 2bubbu2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:32 am

After being scammed on the web a few times (ya, I know, A few times?) I have spent the better part of the past year researching both on and off the web for WAH and the other various (too long to mention) money making opportunities that these websites are selling as clubs or systems, etc. I found that most of them are recycled (I am sure not all, but from the four binders full of information that I have accumulated, I know that most if all have not got their information the same places as I). My point is that I many ways to make bits of money here and there bu don't know what to do with it or if I should bother. I am intent upon creating a living on the web and will work my behind off, bu have no money or experience to mention. I really need a mentor, but don't know where to go for that.
As someone who is starting from the very beginning and the bottom with no capital. What do I do? I would appreciate any and all suggestions as long as they don't include, "give up". Karen
2bubbu2

Postby Al Smith » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:00 pm

Hi Karen,

Welcome.

You have landed in the right place at the right time. This forum is full of info and tools for earning online income.

I would have to say that "Goals" would be the first step.

Just saying "making a living online" won't cut it. Figure out what it is you want to do or have, and then people here will come out of the woodwork to help you get it. Get specific first.

. . . And there are many free tools to start with so you can get started immediately. So . . . what is it that you want to do? What needs do you want to fill?

Looking forward to swapping ideas.

Best to you,

Al
Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby KarenMcG » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:47 am

Well, as one Karen to another, welcome.

I agree with all that Al said.

I'll also add that when you're deciding on your goals, include thinking about: what do you like to do--more like what do you love to do? What are you good at?

No sense spending all your efforts working at or trying to make something work that you don't like to do--just to earn some money.

Karen
KarenMcG
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:25 am

What are your passions? how can you turn your passion into a cash pulling business?

I personally chose areas that I can offer services, rather than to find an MLM or other opportunity that I do not enjoy doing, I am taking what I know and putting it into motion with the services that are offered.

Everyone has a talent, if you tap into it, and you are passionate about it then there is an income opportunity waiting.
karynsolo

Re: I am a newbie who would like the benefit of your experie

Postby Publisher-For-You » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:06 pm

Publisher-For-You

Postby robert adams » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:21 pm

I would add a little bit to the idea of doing what you love.
That has been one of the "mantras" of working for yourself for years.

It is great advice, if you can figure out a way to make a living doing what you love. It is not always easy to find a market that shares your passions.

So, just don't limit yourself to your passions in the beginning. The idea is to find a market with a need and fill that need. If it happens to be something you love, then that is fantastic. But if it happens to be something you don't know anything about, go for it anyway.

Once you are in a better place then you can go for the passions.

step one is to read everything on this site. YOu can learn a lot just from that.

then try to pick one thing and work on it until you make your first sale. Dont get sidetracked by all the other possibilities, stay focused.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:33 am

karynsolo

About that "passion" thing...

Postby mitchpowell » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:49 pm

mitchpowell

Postby karynsolo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:37 am

LOL Mitch I have been there , done that even have a T-shirt to prove it. Nowadays I have calmed down, listened to those who know what they are doing and taken action only by what works.

You can spin your wheels all day and all night to try and make all of this fit together and still wind up back at square 1 in the morning if you do not know fully what you are doing with it.

Finding SSWT was my lifesaver, the help and information I have gotten here alone has pulled me up out of the water and given me direction again and again.

I have a long way to go but I am well on the path to success and it feels good to be headed the right direction for a change.
karynsolo

Postby shortstack » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:54 am

Welcome Karen,

Great sugggestions here from everyone. Being here is a great start. I have little to add, but I urge you to find one thing you can do (possibly one of the free things offered here), and stay focused.

For me, I wasted many months (and lots of $$) spiraling off in many different directions trying to do a lot of things half-baked while I had one thing that was doing well (my website) which I had pretty much abandoned because of all my new projects. I also did a Mitch (2 posts up because I wanted to learn everything and put it all into practice. Why? Because I was trying to force the WAH money to come rolling in. I thought I could be Lynn Terry in 6 months. Well that was a rude but humbling awakening, cause that definitely wasn't happening! :roll:

It takes time and effort. And I was a complete newb with no experience at all. I have done a 360 in this department and now I work at my site and it is doing well.

I wish the very best for you. And we're all here for you. Don't ever give up!!

:) Lisa
shortstack
Elite Member

Postby Li Weng » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:57 pm

Li Weng

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement