[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - TAGR Study Group - Chapter Two - Desire • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

TAGR Study Group - Chapter Two - Desire

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

TAGR Study Group - Chapter Two - Desire

Postby queenofkaos » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:40 pm

I like this chapter because it gives 6 practical and clear steps - a plan - to follow.

It talks about the difference between burning desire and hope - when you think about it, they are two very different things but how often do we approach our goals with hope rather than an unflinching desire.

Hope leaves it to chance - to external factors. An unflinching desire and faith puts the ball in your court.

I have a quote by Jim Edwards stickied to my computer monitor - it says - Don't Hope - Expect.

Here are a few things from the chapter on desire that stood out to me.

In this chapter, Barnes, who had a burning desire to be a business partner with Edison succeeded because...

- he choose a definite goal
- he placed all his energy and willpower and all of his effort into it

It took him 5 years. He never gave up.

Wishing will not bring riches.

"obsessing and then planning definite ways and means to acquire those riches and backing those plans with persistence which DOES NOT RECOGNIZE failure - will bring riches.

THE 6 STEPS TO THINK AND GROW RICH

1 - Fix your mind on the exact amount of money you desire.
2 - Determine exactly what you intend to give in return.
3 - Establish a definite date.
4 - Create a definite plan and begin at once, whether you are ready or not.
5 - Write a clear and concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit, state what you intend to give in return, describe a clear plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
6 - Read your written statement aloud 2x daily - once in the morning and once at night before you go to bed.

As you read - SEE, FEEL AND BELIEVE yourself already in possession of the money.

Only those who become money conscious ever accumulate great riches.

These steps are necessary for the attainment of any definite goal.

These steps are effective because by following them you are very clear on exactly what you want, you decide what you have to offer in return, you create and ACT on a plan, you don't expect that the universe is going to align to give you your hearts content because you 'wish' for it.

You define a time period to work within, this nips procrastination in the bud and will spur you on and cause you to regroup when you are scattered.
(notice I mention the word YOU a lot. If it's to be, it's up to You)

The plan may take a few tries and some time to put together through learning and examining the goal, it doesn't have to happen over night and many times comes through trial and error.

Through writing, your desire and plan becomes more firmly planted. Through reading it like clockwork every morning and night, it becomes entrenched in your mind and not forgotten under a pile somewhere as is so often the case. I wonder how many great plans have died a quick death for that very reason.

If the thing you wish to do is right, and you believe in it - go ahead and do it!

Do you find yourself sometimes subconsciously needing permission to do something? Acknowledgment from others? That you will spin your wheels until you are validated by someone.

Think and Grow Rich clearly states that you don't need that if you follow the 6 steps and believe in yourself. Get over that and get on with it!

Remember too that all who succeed in life get off to a bad start and pass through many heart breaking struggles before they arrive.

He doesn't say that it will necessarily come without set backs but what does?

I've found that expectations of perfection or an easy ride can be a persons worse enemy. If you expect things to be perfect, and the inevitable happens and something goes wrong, it can be deeply disappointing, even debilitating. But if you expect that a few things will go wrong, even large things and are prepared for it, when it happens, you deal with it and move forward.

No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it.

I think that this can be a part of the reason so many of us spin our wheels. If a person doesn't truly believe that he can acquire a thing, then there is a level of fear and that often holds us back in doing the things that need to be done.

ACTIONS FOR CHAPTER 2

- Write out the six steps and then make a set of them tweaked with plans for achieving your own burning desire.

- Be sure to include step 6 - read them every morning and evening.

- I have a notebook that I'm keeping my notes for each chapter in along with plans specific to Think and Grow Rich.

- Record your progress.

- Believe in your burning desire, your plan and yourself.

Studying this book has really been one of those things that falls into your lap at the right time for me.

I had already been getting my feet wet with a few things that mirror some of the principals in TAGR, I've outlined my experiences so far in my blog article - Can Our Mindset Create Opportunities
(it's the article that I tried to post last week but my blog broke, it fixed itself a few days later :? )

Previous Chapter notes can be found here

Forward and Preface...
[url]
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... hp?t=24061[/url]

Chapter One - Introduction
[url]
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... hp?t=24259[/url]

Post your thoughts and experiences so far.

Has TAGR changed anything in your mindset?

Do you feel more empowered to work towards your BURNING DESIRE?

Have you taken any steps to achieve your goal that you may not have taken otherwise? Do you feel BOLD?

Don't waste any time this week. Get working on those steps!
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement