[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - TAGR Study Group - Chapter One - Introduction • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

TAGR Study Group - Chapter One - Introduction

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

TAGR Study Group - Chapter One - Introduction

Postby queenofkaos » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Sorry to be late with this.

I've been having internet issues since yesterday (more on that as it relates to this thread - when it's working better!).

I've got quite a few notes for this chapter, so here are the main ideas of what impressed me in this chapter.

Psychologists have correctly said that when one is ready for something, it puts in its appearance.

I've been finding lately that this is true, not so much in the 'woo woo' way that I had always thought it, but that when we are ready, we recognize, notice and take advantage of the opportunities that come along.

That said, as I have been changing my mindset, in various ways all running along the same principals I've been learning in TAGR, there have indeed been more opportunities come up, all the more noticed by me because I have been taking advantage of them instead of turning them down either because I don't feel ready or because I doubted myself.

One of the main benefits I am seeing from studying TAGR is that it is enabling me to recognize seeds of success in my mindset, focus on them and grow them.

So far, I've pinpointed a few principals that seem to be common factors to success.

1 - Burning Desire - you 'are' your desire.
2 - Definite Major Purpose - know what you want - laser focus
3 - Determination - unwavering
4 – Fear to Faith - have success consciousness, not failure consciousness.
5 – Put Thought Into Action – head to hands
6 - Don't Stop Until You've Achieved Your Goal (even if that means rethinking your plan and learning from your mistakes)

The trick appears to be to internalize the principals.

This comes from studying the book so that you know it without thinking about it and so that you will be aware and readily recognize points in time when you can put these principals to use through the choices you make.

Examine and know yourself so that you can fully grow the aspects of yourself that support these actions and replace innate tendencies that have been holding you back and you will have done the footwork to brush aside misgivings and become stronger in order to accept the opportunities when they come.

Here's a quote from the book to illustrate the power of 'inner knowing'.

Our brains become magnetized with the dominating thoughts which we hold in our minds - these magnets attract to us the forces, the people, the circumstances of life which harmonize with the nature of our dominating thoughts. We must magnetize our minds with intense desire until the desire drives us to create definite plans for acquiring it.

A weakness found in too many people is a habit of measuring everything and everyone by their own impressions and beliefs. We foolishly believe that our own limitations are the proper measure of limitations.

This is something that many of us do without even realizing it. This is true for me. It's very restrictive. Recognizing and stepping out of our beliefs can open up new worlds.

The four stories in Chapter One illustrate the power of determination and fearlessness and internalizing a goal until there is no option except to succeed by doing what ever it takes.

I'm guessing that the little girl in the story was Oprah :0)

Here is a quote that is central to everything.

You are the master of your fate - the captain of your soul... because we have the power to control our thoughts.

If you'd like to review the Forward and Preface, the notes are here.

I recorded some rather exciting results that I've been seeing that seem to relate to the principals of Think and Grow Rich, but along with my internet, my blog blew up when I was trying to post it so it will be along when ever I get it to work (I'm thinking of writing a book called Think and Have Your Blog Blow Up :roll: )

Meanwhile, I'd love to hear of any results or experiences that you have been having.
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement