[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - what do you do when you're almost there, but feel all beat? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

what do you do when you're almost there, but feel all beat?

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

what do you do when you're almost there, but feel all beat?

Postby kirkward » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:11 am

Wullo,

I'm just taking a break and wanted to chat.

There always seems to be so much to do when you're trying to build a product and a website, and induce people to work with you. It seems like a real long journey, and it seems like you can get really physically tired.

Right now, I'm so physically tired from sitting here thinking about what to do, that I don't seem to be able to get moving on the things I know need to be done.

I know it's probably a common phenomenon, but I just wanted to rant and ask everyone here, if they ran into the same thing. How about it? Does sitting at a computer physically wear you out? If so, how do you get the tension out?

I'd love to hear your response.

Kirk
kirkward
Elite Member

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:24 am

Kirk,

Yep. Been there.

I am a "planner" by nature, so when I do feel tired to the point where execution is minimal...I just take a break for a day or two...recharge the batteries.

Then, when I come back...I focus on the objectives in my plans, which include (surprise) income targets. :)

That usually seems to work.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:18 pm

I am a bad one for working until I can't think anymore. Most of my family is always warning me I will burn myself out, yet I can't seen to stop until my body says it needs a break.
I actually just got over a little bit of a break. Although I knew I still had a deadline to meet, I had to just take a few days off, go play with my kids, take long walks in the finally nice weather, play some cards, watch a funny movie, and above all DO NOT think of work!

Usually does the trick. 2 days later, my ideas are back, my motivation is on target, and my body is once again energized.
mellymom3

Postby kirkward » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:51 pm

kirkward
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:57 pm

I hear ya Kirk.

I know it pays to be organized but I can relate. When you see all the tasks and then throw in the deadlines on top...(screaming, pulling hair)

But, that is when we need to take a breath, and write a list just for the day. Only list the must dos and that is it. We need to pretend the other stuff is not there or else our minds will try to hinder our intent.

I always tell myself that as long as I have accomplished the one thing that was the most necessary to do that day, I accomplished something. Productive days does not mean, everything has to be complete.

It's all good. Keep smiliing, keep sipping on the coffee, keep the radio tuned to your favorite station, and don't forget to open the window now that is is Spring!
Last edited by mellymom3 on Mon May 19, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mellymom3

Postby shortstack » Mon May 19, 2008 1:59 pm

shortstack
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Tue May 20, 2008 5:52 am

Hi Guys, I call that condition "the fog". Sitting at the computer can definitely wear you out, especially if you are doing a lot of thinking type stuff.

Getting regular exercise sounds obvious but it really works. I find the best thing is to schedule a walk every day - even 15 minutes really helps me to clear my head. The fresh air helps too.

Also, I find it to be like a walking meditation, if I'm stuck on something, many times answers will come to me during my walk.

It gets the blood pumping which feeds your brain and every cell.

It may seem like just one more thing to do, but it really is one of those things that will increase the quality of your work and your health too, which can really suffer if you're spending a lot of time sitting at the computer.

And definitely get up for a stretch of some kind at least every few hours, even if just to walk to the kitchen for a glass of water, another great brain booster.

Over the winter I started drinking more water, now that it's a habit, I am often surprised when it gives me a bigger energy boost than coffee.

I've heard that sometimes when we are tired we are dehydrated.

One more thing :) I find that compartmentalizing tasks (I call it using time pockets) helps me because instead of a long line of tasks to complete, I feel finished as I move through each pocket. It reduces the feeling of burn out that comes with a never ending work list.
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby Mel » Tue May 20, 2008 10:05 am

Mel

Postby shortstack » Tue May 20, 2008 5:23 pm

shortstack
Elite Member

Postby skyjoe76 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:48 pm

When I'm tired, my brain can't work anymore, I will go over to my playstation to whack the controller.

Sometimes I will check out youtube on some funny clips. It does help me to loosen up.

If I felt that I have done a great job, I will buy myself a coke as a form of celebration, and I will shout "YES" to feel great. When I drink the coke, I will let out a "ahhhhhh"
skyjoe76

Postby LeisaWatkins » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:43 am

LeisaWatkins

Postby queenofkaos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:33 am

Hi Leisa, I'm a napper too! I find that 20 minutes is my average time, but even a 10 minute lie down can help if I'm exhausted and don't have time.

I find it gives me a longer day past the 20 minutes that it takes, I can wake up much earlier. I shoot for 5:30 these days and don't usually get to bed until around 11:00.

I need a lot of sleep and could never do it without a nap, although some days I do, and some days I'm dragged out and need to get a bit of extra sleep.

It always pays for me to get the sleep, otherwise I just can't think properly and I really think that it effects our brains long term.

I know that the continual waking through the night with my 3 kids and then the scattered brain through the day left me with a poorer memory or ability to concentrate - or maybe it's aging brain cells or stress - or a bit of all.

Staying healthy, reducing stress and getting proper sleep are all things that really boost brain power and ultimately our productivity although they are often not the first thing we think of - stretching as far as we can usually is. At least that was my experience and it seems to be common, at least at first.

I also get obsessed with projects and really have to force myself to stay balanced although I don't really like it. I'm often fighting with myself to stay on track.

In the end staying balanced is always a better approach, otherwise everything else goes to you know what and I end up ditching the project 90% finished because it becomes necessary to catch up with the other stuff and I never get back to it.

I'm actually finishing up a project from last summer right now on exactly this subject - and I'm doing it in a balanced manner :0)

I've put aside 3 hours every am - 5:30 - 8:30 to work on it. It gets put off sometimes if it can't be helped, but otherwise, it's a non negotiable.

I'm making good progress with it and am very excited to be finally finishing it up.
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby Li Weng » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Li Weng

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement