[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Success - Is It Luck Or Attitude • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Success - Is It Luck Or Attitude

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Success - Is It Luck Or Attitude

Postby skyjoe76 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:30 am

"Maybe my millionaire neighbor is lucky", "He is so lucky that he landed that millionaire dollar contract." Did you ever have such thoughts about someone who is successful? Maybe you do not have this thought, and that's good news. Why good news? Because then you would not have wait years for your LUCK to drop from the sky, you can make things happen - you can create LUCK.

Do you believe that success is caused by luck? Yes, I believe! Is it true that successful people has good attitude? Yes, absolutely! Success is created by luck; and luck is created by good attitude.

Having good or positive attitude is actually one of the major keys to success. Having a positive attitude turns bad situations around it, it finds solution in problems, and it seeks opportunities in crisis. Some people sees crisis as problems, some find opportunities in them. This is the difference between successful people and not successful people.

In the year of 2003, SARS hit Asia. People die of the sickness; people dare not go out of their houses. The usual busy shopping mall became a ghost mall; the airport was empty with only the people on duty. The economy of Asia was badly hit. However, still there are people who make lots of money from the crisis. At the same time, there are many people who complains about the economy, no customers etc. Good attitude turns the negative into positive, it just depends if you want to control your attitude.

Having a good attitude is just a matter of choice. You can change it within seconds. You can sit around to complain everything, or you can stop complaining and say, "Hey, what good can I make out of this situation?" When you start asking this question, your mind start to shift, your energy changes, your emotions turns for the better. Your mind will start looking for the good things and you find yourself feeling great. Successful people always feel great about themselves.

Luck happened to you when you have a positive attitude. By turning situation around, you are creating LUCK at the same time. You create the condition for Luck to fall on you. One warning to you; prepare yourself well before luck befall on your knee. Most people wasted their time away without mentally preparation, and when luck falls onto them, they don't know what to do with it, therefore allowing luck to slip by.

Prepare yourself well so that when luck falls, you have the wisdom to capitalize on it. It takes a good attitude to prepare yourself.

You asked me if success is caused by luck or attitude. I say both.
skyjoe76

Postby jeana900 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:32 pm

I have to agree with you. We have to get our attitudes right and in line with our goals and quests for success. If we are to succeed I feel we must change our thinking and our attitude. We need to look at everything as a gift.

Blessings,
Beryl
jeana900

Postby karynsolo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:29 pm

I fully agree, if you have goals you have to have the attitude to really go after those goals and achieve them. A goal on paper means little without the drive to achieve it.

Unfortunately too many people have the goals but lack the drive to do what is needed to achieve them. Success does not come handed on a silver platter it takes time, energy, organization , realistic goal setting and the drive to succeed and not give up along the way.
karynsolo

Postby tess47 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 am

tess47

Postby Daniel McGonagle » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:45 am

Daniel McGonagle

Postby JosephRatliff » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:18 pm

Alright...here is my two cents ;)

"Luck" is something that you create for yourself. It is a manifestation of your core "magnet" that you create with things like your attitude, how you treat others, your mentality, and your ethics and beliefs.

Luck really doesn't exist, it is just a word used to describe what seems to happen when a set of circumstances align themselves the right way to produce a desired result.

Your core "magnet" attracts that which you decide to attract.

For example...

You can have a good attitude, but that is not enough. If your mentality lends to "getting first", rather than "giving first", you can still have a good attitude about it...

...but you will still fail because you will not attract the right people and other elements towards you to be truly successful.

My main point is, if asked the question:

"Joe, is success luck or attitude?"

I would say...

That's part of it.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Wellsworth » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:23 pm

The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Luck is defined as chance, without intent, an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon.
Success happens when you’ve positioned yourself by learning and take advantage of a moment because you take action. A snowball doesn’t turn into a snowman without action. People don't look at that snowman and say "Wow, how'd that happen?" Achieving a goal comes by first "setting that goal", and then taking the action steps needed to attain each phase that the goal is built on.

I guess you can tell by this I don't believe or rely on luck. We have to direct our own future. You are today, what you've taken action for in the past. If you don't like where you are today, take action for tomorrow starting today.

Success is a process. Quick answers are built on sand. Lasting results are developed over ethical marketing techniques. At least that's what I have learned and practice.
Wellsworth

Postby karynsolo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:40 pm

karynsolo

Postby robert adams » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:47 pm

Ok, here's the deal.

You fall asleep in your chair.
For whatever reason you get up in your sleep and go sleepwalking outside. You have never in your life been a sleepwalker.

Now, you wander out to the street, bend over and pick up a piece of paper and go back in the house and back to your chair.

The next morning, you wake up and find this piece of paper in your hand. It is a lottery ticket.
You go online and look it up and OMG, it is the winning ticket...you are a multimillionaire.

lots of jumping and screaming, etc, etc, etc.

now, would that be considered luck?

or was his life long habit of drinking a six pack and falling asleep in his chair his preparation for being in the right place at the right time?

sorry, I couldn't resist that.
for the most part I absolutely agree that there is no luck. You have to prepare yourself so that when that "luck" comes along, you will recognize it and grab it.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Ok, now here is my serious take on all this.

Life is about choices and repsonsibility.

Most people become responsible for themselves around the age of puberty or so.

Up until then, our lives and choices are pretty much controlled by parents or others in authority over us.

Once we start making our own decisions about things, that is when REPSONSIBILITY kicks in and we are never the same.

As was mentioned above, you are where you are and who you are because of choices you have made in the past.

YOU made those choices, so you are RESPONSIBLE.

Good or BAD, they were the choices you made.

Now, when I really "got" this many years ago, it was really hard.

Heck, it is still hard sometimes to think about it.

My younger brother was the one that told me this.

He said I was responsible for everything that happened in my life.

Now I was never one to go around saying that things weren't my fault.

I never blamed my life on anyone else. But total responsibility...
for everything? Boy , that can be a hard pill to swallow.

It is not about BLAME or FAULT. There is no BLAME or FAULT, just
responsibility.

Soak that in for a while, think about it.

Like the old saying goes,
"If you keep doing the things you have always done...
You will keep getting the things you have always got."

well, I hope you have your wading boots on, this got pretty deep.

luck and joy,

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Tue May 20, 2008 6:14 am

queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby kirkward » Tue May 20, 2008 7:52 am

kirkward
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Tue May 20, 2008 8:03 am

queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby BOAI » Tue May 20, 2008 2:53 pm

I've noticed that the harder I work the luckier I get... or as Seneca said "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity".
BOAI

Postby queenofkaos » Tue May 20, 2008 3:06 pm

That's perfect, I knew there was a saying that perfectly described it but I couldn't remember what it was. It's a great thing to keep in mind.

A good exercise is to imagine that the best opportunity that you could ever hope for falls on your lap. Ask yourself are you ready for it, and if not, what do you need to do?

At the very least, you'll have everything ship shape and when the opportunity knocks, you can welcome it.

It sounds a little pollyanna, but I personally have lost out on some good opportunities over the years simply because I wasn't ready. It does happen!
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Next

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement