[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Don't Quit. Keep Playing! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Don't Quit. Keep Playing!

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Don't Quit. Keep Playing!

Postby Barry Rice » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:31 am

We all have days when clouds of confusion, negative folks around us and daily circumstances can put us on a detour from our path to success.

It's not always easy, but, striving daily to live in concert with God as we move forward reminds me of the story of the mother whose young son loved to play the piano.

Wanting to encourage his progress, she looked forward to taking him to a concert given by the famous Polish pianist, Paderewski.

When the evening arrived, they found their seats near the front of the concert hall and eyed the impressive stage.

The mother engaged herself in conversation with a friend seated to her left. At eight o’clock, when the lights in the auditorium dimmed and the spotlights came on, the little boy was sitting on the bench of the great Steinway and began innocently picking out “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”.

The mother gasped in horror, but before she could retrieve her son, the master pianist appeared on stage, quickly moving to the keyboard. He hovered over the boy whispering “Don’t quit. Keep playing”. Paderewski then reached down with his left hand and began filling in the bass part. Soon his right arm reached around the other side of the boy and improvised a delightful duet. Together, the master and the boy made great music.

I just love that story. Its message says to me that I must always remember that God's arms are around and comforting me. Whenever we are met with adversity, confusion, daily circumstances that may seem to overwhelm us, physical challenges or more, it's comforting to feel God's arms and hear Him whispering, "Don't quit. Keep playing."
Barry Rice

I'm Glad I saw this post today

Postby success1256 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:47 pm

:) I was just browsing through the forum when I came upon this post. How appropriate for me today. It was just what I needed.

Thanks
success1256
Elite Member

Postby Russell Portwood » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:47 pm

I needed that too. Thanks Barry.
Russell Portwood
Elite Member

Postby shortstack » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:25 am

Thanks for that Barry!

:) Lisa
shortstack
Elite Member