[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What Is Stopping You From Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What Is Stopping You From Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

What Is Stopping You From Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur

Postby skyjoe76 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:40 pm

Are you already an entrepreneur? Do you wish to become a successful entrepreneur? But what is stopping you from becoming one? There are many factors to look at, but here let's just discuss on three reasons. These reasons are more of the internal reasons.

Full of excuses

Many years back, I am in the sales line. During the first month of that sales job, I gave so many excuses not to call the clients. Excuses like, "they might be having lunch now", "it's not so nice to call them after lunch", "it's Monday blue no one is interested to talk to me". In my first month, I sell nothing.

Do you have the same issue? Take note, excuses build failure. If you have an idea, the more excuses you gave yourself not to do it, the more you will delay in doing; hence, you will not get it done. In this case you fail your task and your dream.

Excuses are dream killer. Get rid of it in your blood if you strongly want to be successful as an entrepreneur. Any excuses in you will kill your dream anytime. They will pop up anytime to remind you not to complete your task or pursue your dreams.

The next time you have excuses popping up from your mind; ask yourself passionately, "Do I want to be a successful entrepreneur?" If your answer is "yes", then use Nike slogan, Just do it. If your answer is "no", then either you are in the wrong industry or you are not cut out to be an entrepreneur.

Lack of passion

It is obvious that you can't achieve anything in life without a passion in it. Imagine putting David Beckham into a tennis court. He probably can't earn that kind of money he is earning now.

To be an entrepreneur, you will require lots of drive and energy. Without passion in your business, products, customer, where will you get your drive and energy? Most gave up their business because they realize they have no passion to be in this business.

Without passion, running your business becomes a struggle. You'll become a miserable person. You can't serve your customers well in this state. And you wouldn't even want to wake up in the morning to run your business.

Before you jump into another business, be sure that your heart is there so as not to waste time and effort.

Lack of focus

With the overwhelming work of an entrepreneur, you may start to lose focus on many things. You may lose focus from your life to relationship to business. Get hold of it before it spins out of your control.

While building my business, there are many other money making opportunities that appeared on my face. Seeing them as an avenue to make some quick bucks, I divert from my business and spend half of my time to those new opportunities. Indeed I made some quick bucks, but my business stopped growing. I had to pull myself back, re-focus my attention to build my business again. Still my business is the one that is generating good cash flow for me in the long term.

If you are someone who gets distracted by other opportunities around you, be extremely careful. Your business need your nurturing; by diverting your attention will not do your business any good. Your business should come first. Short term opportunities are usually initiated by others; in return you are helping others to build their business.
skyjoe76

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement