This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Great podcast from the king of inspiration...

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Great podcast from the king of inspiration...

Postby ciarac » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:39 am

My king of inspiration has got to be steve pavlina.
Every morning, before I get to work, I read an article or listen to a podcast from his site, www.stevepavlina.com
Just recently, or rather, yesterday, I listened to a great podcast http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2007/0 ... hievement/ about faster goal achievement.
The basis of his argument is that so many people fail to reach their goals because they fail to close the gap between the person they are and the person they will need to become in order to be at their goal.
It's very much worth listening to (I am in no way affiliated with him, I just think he's great) as he also offers some solid guidance on how to close that gap.
His advice is to write a list of 'side-effects' which would come about as a result of being at your goal.
He uses an example that, in the pursuit of earning more money, he started to carry around much more cash, as he felt that this is something he would do if he were earning more money.
He did this on a continual basis, carrying around 100's of dollars at a time (not necessarily spending it extravagantly; he stipulates that you should practice these side-effects safely, i.e. not going into debt, etc...), whilst also practicing other 'side-effects' and in doing so, so he says, he did in fact manage to increase his earnings quite a lot.

It's worth a listen to because, for me, it is a fresh look at goal achieving.

Happy listening!
ciarac

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:45 am

I like Steve Pavlina too ;) I'll have to check that out. That's for posting the link!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement