This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Stop Wasting Time, Stay Focused!

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Stop Wasting Time, Stay Focused!

Postby jaggiegill » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:59 pm

Have you thought that your goal was unrealistic or that you are just not good enough?

Most of us have busy lives. We get up in the morning and from the minute we wake up to the minute we go back to bed the day is filled with a sometimes seemingly endless list of things we need to do.

I want you to keep in mind and remember that when your plans fail, temporary defeat does not mean permanent failure. It means only that your plan did not work. Maybe your plan needs to be re-looked at, tweaked or even changed completely. If a plan fails, it is not the plan that has failed, but it is the person who created the plan.

Remember these things to keep that focus and have your goals prepare you for success:

Declare your current task as the most important thing in the world.

Tell yourself that if you do not begin, stick to and complete this task by your required deadline then the consiquenses will hit you harder than a falling boulder, splat right on your head.

You will certainly be letting yourself down and you may be letting others down. There may be long term financial consequences and difficult times which could be avoided by getting this job done. Whatever the outcome, it is a useful exercise to raise the stakes for yourself as much as possible.

"I just want to be comfortable."

Well, I can almost guarantee that anyone who says this is struggling in life and frustrated with their results. Someone who says they just want to be comfortable often feel that they don't deserve great success and that success is elusive.

The sad thing is that some of these individuals have given up altogether on their greatness, while others may still have big dreams but think they do not have the power to realise their dreams so they too give up.

In your goals you should always have this written down "I will always stay out of my comfort zone" Why? Because when you come out of your comfort zone, your experiencing new things and growing, and we all know that when you grow you learn and when you learn your earn, this can go a long way in internet marketing.

Keep The Ball Rolling!!!

Imagine a big steel ball in front of you. It takes an initial effort to get the ball rolling, but once it rolls, it takes at least as much effort to stop the ball. In many ways, getting started with whatever it is you'd like to do, but always had a reason not to start it, is like having the courage to say

"Today is the day I decide to get the ball rolling and make time to really do the things I love doing". Once you've taken that decision 50% of your effort is already done. The rest is merely a question of keeping the ball rolling.
jaggiegill

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement