[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Stuck? Moving What's In Your Way of Success, Outta Your Way • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Stuck? Moving What's In Your Way of Success, Outta Your Way

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Stuck? Moving What's In Your Way of Success, Outta Your Way

Postby Powerfull » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:10 pm

I'm a believer in having a large toolbox for life situations. In other words having practices, tips, resources for challenges that come along. My toolbox is quite diversified because of my occupation and personal path.

So, I thought creating a post that shares success tips for getting over, under, and through barriers that keep you stuck might be of value and fun to create.

Here's one of mine:

When my mental chatter (self-talk) is negative and I start to spiral downwards, I am able to catch it very quickly by using a wonderful process I learned from a book called Resurfacing at www.avatarepc.com I've taken courses with this organization and I love their material.

Ok - so when your mind starts racing, take a breath and begin to look around your environment. Put your full attention on something in your surroundings. Without thinking about what it is or calling that object anything, you count the number 1. (For example, I'm looking at the clock on the wall and all I'm thinking as I notice it, is the number 1). Continue to look at the next object and say 2, You continue this practice for several minutes. 3, 4, 5, 6.....

Watch what happens to your internal chatter!

So, what works for you? :D
Powerfull

Postby knowledgewealth » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:34 pm

my motto has always been "whatever you put in your system is bound to come out of you"That's why when i meet or talk to someone and i hear complaining,gossip or any negativity-i usually end it pretty quick.I stray from horror flicks,newspapers or music that sets the atmosphere for negativity which gives birth to fear.
My favorite resource is the Bible because it teaches me stand still,obey and speak to those voices and they Will leave you alone because if i know staying positive makes me feel good and if you agree to that, then any negative voice is one big fat lie waiting to drain the positivty i have.
knowledgewealth

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement