[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - HELP! Confused About These Keywords Issues... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

HELP! Confused About These Keywords Issues...

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

HELP! Confused About These Keywords Issues...

Postby ozim400 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:09 pm

ozim400

Postby Getagrip » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:06 pm

You bring up some very good points. I think what the Overture tool does is take the keyword data and alphabetizes it.

This may mean the data is correct, but you just need to put the keywords in the correct order. Now, I don't know if that is true - its just a theory, but it could very well be true.
Getagrip

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 01, 2007 10:26 am

I generally use Overture and WordTracker separately. I have used the Digital Point tool from time to time, but prefer to just use the two tools individually.

It's important to keep in mind that Overture and WordTracker (and other tools) get their data from different sources. So the results are not going to have similar numbers.

Also, Overture lumps singular and plural words together, skewing the results - where WordTracker shows them separately. Using the tools individually, Overture gives you searches per month, and Wordtracker searches per day.

Just some things to keep in mind between the two.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 01, 2007 10:27 am

The best thing to do is double-check your keyword choices using the free trial at wordtracker.com - that way you can tell if there are variations of the word/phrase that are better to use.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ozim400 » Tue May 01, 2007 12:17 pm

ozim400

Postby ozim400 » Sat May 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Lynn I want to thank you for the advice to cross check with WordTracker. Yesterday and today, I entered the keywords on my webpages into WordTracker one after the other.

Guess what happen?

I find that most of the keywords were not correct. I quickly changed them. I changed the keywords -- the titles and sub-titles.

Now here is my fear...

Don't you think this will affect my webpages on the search engines because all the pages were already indexed.

Here is what I find out: A while ago, someone came to my site through MSN to one of the pages, but after making the changes, the page dissappear on MSN.

Please advice.
ozim400

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat May 05, 2007 8:47 pm

How about using one keyword research software programs like Keyword elite? If I buy and use that do I still need to use word tracker, etc?
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby ozim400 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:07 am

Thanks,

I do not have money to buy Keyword elite now. But I learn wordtracker is great and I'd decided to start with the trial version.

But I will be happy if you can look over my question and try to help me out with my queries.

Can you, please...?
ozim400

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun May 06, 2007 7:37 pm

It depends on where they get their data. I love Keywords Analyzer myself, for all that it does... but when it comes to basic keyword research, I use it for general brainstorming. I think double-check the phrases I choose using the WordTracker free trial version. And then Keywords Analyzer lets me import my final lists from WordTracker for more indepth Keyword Research.

Its a good program, but with ANY keyword related program, I always like to double check with WordTracker and make sure the results are at least close or what other alternatives it will show me.

It wouldnt hurt to do that a few times at least, to see if your program is working the way you want it to.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alan Petersen » Mon May 07, 2007 12:37 am

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby ozim400 » Mon May 07, 2007 3:46 am

ozim400

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon May 07, 2007 9:32 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon May 07, 2007 9:33 am

Lynn Terry