[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Do style sheet names matter? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Do style sheet names matter?

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Do style sheet names matter?

Postby jcrawford » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Do any of you create your pages using CSS? I Like how my pages
are much cleaner and smaller without a bunch of font tags, etc.

You can name each "style" you use anything you want. I read about
optimizing all the time, but I have never seen anything about how the
name of your style effects ranking.

For instance, on my redwoods page, I named the style for the text
"redwood." If you look at my source code, this tag is in about 20 places
<span class="redwood"> Think it makes any difference?

http://crawforddirect.com/redwoods.htm
jcrawford

Postby rmjvol » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:28 pm

The last 10 sites I've done are all css, table-free layouts. I sub out all the development work so I can't help with tech stuff. If you want to see the code, one of them is .

My reasons for going pure css were many. Primary was to improve the code to text ratio and reduce page download time.

If you put on your "pretend to be a SE engineer" hat, I don't think you'd try to use classes to improve your search results. In general, visible text on the page has always been a better indicator of relevancy than the non-visible stuff.

So using a keyword as the class might help a tiny, tiny bit but I can't imagine it would be significant.

Good luck,
Ross
rmjvol

Postby sugarrae » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:53 pm

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Sharon & Roy » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:08 am

Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Postby jcrawford » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:44 pm

jcrawford

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization