[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Forum Tips - How to make the most of your post! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Forum Tips - How to make the most of your post!

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby Cate » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:33 pm

Wow, I haven't been around in a while, but it's sure good to know you guys haven't changed since I left.

It's grrrrrreat to be back.

You all crack me up.
Cate

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:51 pm

Welcome Back, Cate! :D

How in the world are ya?? How's the website & newsletter coming along?? Fill us in!

Are you still : :shock: :shock: :shock: ? LOL
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Cate » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:11 pm

Hey Lynn,

I'm working on the newsletter right now, actually! Will be sending it out after church tomorrow.

As for the website...I haven't had a free moment to really add more content. I've tweaked the design a bit and spent some time researching sites I like before going any further...to avoid having to re-tool the entire thing. I've also organized a list of content and researched content sources, as well as more potential affiliate partners.

I also managed to start some AdWord campaigns the last couple weeks to generate some quick cash. I haven't MADE any money, but I haven't lost money, either. Well, at least not a lot. :-) A couple bucks. I guess breaking even to learn is a lot better than losing money to learn!

We've been busy in our personal life, interviewing for jobs (me) and scrounging some PC repair jobs for cash (Chris). As always, when it rains, it pours. After 10 months of hardly any movement in the job market, Chris suddenly books an interview, a 2-week contract and a test with the FBI in one week. I interviewed for a full-time job in my old field (it's been 4 years since I left). It would be enough to pay all our bills each month with some left to spare, so if I got the job, it's certainly not one I'd turn down, despite the fact that the thought of leaving my kids every day from 7:45 until well past 6:00 p.m. makes me ill.

But if I have to be the one working, then Chris will be with them, which is better than daycare, I suppose. WHEN he gets a job, then I'll quit (daycare is too expensive and logistically impossible anyway, as my kid aren't on a bus route). So it's all temporary.

It's never easy, and it never ends. The trick for me the last few weeks has been to avoid stress at all costs.

Chris's website through SBI is doing well, generating more and more visitors every day (www.onlinecomputerguy.com). My traffic is steadily increasing as well, although I feel the site really doesn't have much to offer at this point. But I've done all my HTML training so now I can really focus on content.

That's it in a nutshell! Are you sorry you asked??

The forum is fantastic. I've enjoyed catching up.
Cate

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:51 pm

Wow ~ You have been busy! Good luck with the interview, and all Chris has going on as well... I'm sure things will fall right into place for you ;)

Regarding AdWords, you might want to post in either the Internet Marketing or SEO category... Mike Merz (and a few others here) could share some tips and brainstorm with you on that.

~ And I'd love to listen in :D as I'm considering my first set of AdWords campaigns!

So great to have you back on the forum!!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:15 am

karadawn

Postby uniquelyyours » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:58 pm

Hello All, My name is Michelle I am new here I look forward to learning a great deal while giving my little 2 cents when I can, I also ask a lot of questions. I follow my own statement of my sig, everyday and I live by it as well. Anyway as mentioned I am new here but I am not new to being online, I do have a little site that I am now for the 3rd or 4th time need to make some changes especially after having just recently joined Sitesell affiliate my eyes are wide open. I was totally amazed with the first 30 pages of the affiliate master's course. All I could think about the day after starting the book was 'no banners', don't sell.. PREsell. Good content is the way to go. I could not believe what I was reading. But it is good, all good as a result I have been on a few forums that same to have all of SBI! uses on them. lol

Intially I wanted to build a site that would help new users who were looking for help, tools, information and just about anything that would help them get started with getting a presence online that would not cost a arm, leg and my first child. Well I must say that I find myself to be one of those users. I am finding out that is a great deal I research I need to do as well.

First question, can anyone suggest some tools that would help me design a logo for my company name. I have been doing alot of things in between my normal life that we all have to keep up, this is why I listed my occupation as Multitasker lol. But seriously I started this because I love being online, doing research participating in forums, etc. I am totally open to any suggestions, help, advice that is given infact I welcome it all thanks
Michelle.

http://www.uniquelyyoursandmore.com
Last edited by uniquelyyours on Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
uniquelyyours

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:19 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Cate » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:04 pm

Cate

Postby uniquelyyours » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:12 am

uniquelyyours

Postby robert adams » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:23 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby robert adams » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:28 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby flensborg » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:58 pm

flensborg

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:23 pm

Great advice, Henrik!

Michelle... you're not alone ;)

- and Robert ~ good point! I've been working on that lately - scheduling a little "me time" in there each week, and it has definitely helped by giving me something to look forward to, prevents the weeks from running into each other, motivates me to complete tasks in time to take those few hours off and get out of the house, etc.

I highly recommend scheduling in a little time off, short break or 'treat' each week - even if its just taking a walk, window shopping, catching a movie or meeting a friend for lunch!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby robert adams » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:03 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion