[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is Host Gator WORTH the price? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is Host Gator WORTH the price?

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby wade_watson » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:14 pm

wade_watson

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:26 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Kathymcbain » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:36 am

Kathymcbain

Postby nar321 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Add me to the very satisfied HostGator customers.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby DJSFran32 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks everyone, and Mel, I agree. I also have two sites with GD and I am ready to move them. The one with HG is teriffic.
DJSFran32

Postby SteveJohnson » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:20 pm

SteveJohnson

Postby terrapin719 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:46 am

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:17 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Sandra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Sandra
Elite Member

Postby KarenMcG » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Well, ismokedu

Welcome to SSWT.

And, can you stand one more "I have and like Host Gator" comment?

Actually, I have a couple other hosts, too, that I'm quite fond of.

I started using Host Gator about three or four months ago. I especially like ti because they are good at getting me out of my jams...which, fortunately, are now few and far between.

Their customer service help I've found, is fast and easy to follow. I don't call them as a rule (once or twice), but do use their ticket support.

Karen
KarenMcG
Elite Member

Will I be getting everything I need?

Postby wgrigson » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi Ismokedu,

You asked this question but the only "need" you explained is needing to be up 24/7.

First, Host Gator is not expensive, and if you are looking at their prices as expensive it clearly indicates you are new to this as you admitted.

You can make a career of evaluating web hosts and get nowhere in your development.

Many long time Internet marketers use Host Gator which suggests they are happy with the service - you can find Host Gator recommended all over the place.

No web host offers every option, but almost all (except GoDaddy) have a reputation for providing the basics. buy Domains from GoDaddy or a GoDaddy reseller - they usually have good prices - but host your domains elsewhere - HG is pretty good for hosting.

If you are new to hosting, at least use a hosting service that supplies cPanel, and telephone support. Almost, everyone that sells software and provides instruction assume your host will offer cPanel.

Basically, the more important thing is to not over analyze your host service and get started putting up your site/blog.
wgrigson

Previous

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion